Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Liberty (and Tyranny) begins at home

Mike Shaner
January 4 2012

It is important to remember that even though the Presidential election is sexy, and as much as I love Ron Paul , the fate of this country does not depend on this election. Truthfully, the President (the federal government as a whole) should have very limited powers. The fate of this country lies at the local level and with us people. We must elect Sheriffs who will arrest Federal agents who try to enforce unconstitutional laws. We must elect councilmen, mayors, education board members, governors, etc... who believe in Liberty. We must be willing to sit on juries and nullify laws that prosecute people accused of "crimes" that have no victim. Establishing liberty begins and ends in your hometown. I recommend joining the libertarian party and making it a strong viable party at your local level. I work full time and go to school at night so I am often unable to attend my local party events etc...so the only way I have of instituting real change is to express myself through my blogs and social media...my reason for saying this is to suggest that you do what you can, and even though it's fun to be in a movement remember that defeating tyranny begins at home.